Nuclear power is the use of sustained Nuclear fission to generate heat and do useful work. Nuclear Electric Plants, Nuclear Ships and Submarines use controlled nuclear energy to heat water and produce steam, while in space, nuclear energy decays naturally in a radioisotope thermoelectric generator. Scientists are experimenting with fusion energy for future generation, but these experiments do not currently generate useful energy.
Nuclear power provides about 6% of the world’s energy and 13–14% of the world’s electricity, with the U.S., France, and Japan together accounting for about 50% of nuclear generated electricity.
CXControls have engineers with the following Nuclear Experience:
- Retrospective Safety System Audits for IEC61508 / 11 for safety case building.
- Plant Systems Asset Register on legacy systems.
- Legacy plant upgrades for COSR (Continued Operations Safety Review).
- Managed manpower contracts.
- Programme and Project Management
- Prince 2 Accredited Practitioner PM’s
- Feasibility studies.
- Classified Worker Status (P4 Sellafield).
- Radiation Protection Superviser (RPS) trained.
- Managed Contractor Site Safety requirements and SSI’s.
- Service Level Agreements
- Fuel Handling Database.
- Fuel Records Database
- Various industrial IT Projects.
- Various data acquisition projects, instrumentation and radiological.